The LAREN School assists individuals in growing to their fullest potential and instills in them a deep sense of independence and social responsibility. With the knowledge that they are citizens of their country and of the world, they will make contributions based on the highest order of ethics and conscience.
In order to fulfill this vision, the LAREN School aims to:
- Help students recognize their capabilities as well as imperfections so that they may be able to realsitically evaluate their efforts and themselves
- Provide strong academics through the Montessori curriculum and materials
- Promote freedom within the classroom while encouraging and requiring the self-discipline students need to use that freedom well
- Instill social justice and citizenship by providing community service activities and projects
- Nurture lifelong learners by encouraging students to question even established thinking, and by giving them the skills to search for their own answers